On June 24, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry draw. In program-specific draw #194, Canada issued 6,000 Invitations to Apply for permanent residence in Canada in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Program. The lowest score was 357 points, 11 points fewer than in the previous CEC-specific round. The tie-breaking rule for this round was February 17, 2021 at 10:15:50 UTC. In 2021, Canada already issued 82,653 invitations in the CEC program-specific invitation rounds. In total, IRCC invited 88,715 candidates in 24 rounds of Express Entry to apply for permanent residence.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122