Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From August 16 to August 22 Canada invited 750 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of August 20, there are 21,927 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 92 ITAs for Australia, 110 ITAs for Belgium, 1 ITA for Chile, 3 ITAs for Croatia, 14 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 9 ITAs for Denmark, 141 ITAs for France, 34 ITAs for Germany, 4 ITAs for Greece, 5 ITAs for Hong Kong, 60 ITAs for Ireland, 3 ITAs for Italy, 24 ITAs for Japan, 34 ITAs for South Korea, 6 ITAs for the Netherlands, 7 ITAs for New Zealand, 1 ITA for Norway, 8 ITAs for Portugal, 2 ITAs for Slovakia, 11 ITAs for Spain, 10 ITAs for Sweden, 2 ITAs for Switzerland, 15 ITAs for Taiwan, and 154 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In total, Canada issued 16,713 ITAs under the IEC in 2021.
- Everything international students need to know to prepare for their return trip to Canada
- Quebec conducted the second Arrima draw in a week
- Canada introduced special measures for Afghanistan
- Ontario invited 326 candidates under the Masters Graduate stream
- Canadian universities are again among the best
- Immigration modernization was discussed in a roundtable by the Public Policy Forum