Over the last week, Canada held new draws in the pools of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From April 12 to April 16, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued 738 Invitations to Apply (ITA) for an IEC open work permit. As of April 16, there are 15,135 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 12 ITAs for Australia, 1 ITA for Belgium, 132 ITAs for Chile, 3 ITAs for Costa Rica, 3 ITAs for Croatia, 43 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 192 ITAs for France, 17 ITAs for Greece, 77 ITAs for Hong Kong, 125 ITAs for Ireland, 3 ITAs for Italy, 12 ITAs for Japan, 38 ITAs for South Korea, 10 ITAs for the Netherlands, 1 ITA for New Zealand, 2 ITAs for Norway, 10 ITAs for Portugal, 15 ITAs for Slovakia, 16 ITAs for Spain, 1 ITA for Sweden, 4 ITAs for Switzerland, 12 ITAs for Taiwan, and 54 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In total, Canada issued 5,036 ITAs under the IEC in 2021.
- British Columbia invited up to 268 high-skilled candidates under the BCPNP
- Saskatchewan invited 1,146 skilled candidates under the SINP
- OINP invited 1,179 candidates in the Tech Draw under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada held the largest Express Entry draw of 2022
- Quebec invited more than 1,000 candidates in the new Arrima draw
- Canada continues to protect temporary foreign workers