Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new invitation rounds in the pools of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From April 19 to April 23, IRCC issued 892 Invitations to Apply (ITA) for an IEC open work permit. As of April 30, there are 15,408 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 20 ITAs for Australia, 8 ITAs for Belgium, 110 ITAs for Chile, 18 ITAs for Costa Rica, 1 ITA for Croatia, 49 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 6 ITAs for Denmark, 239 ITAs for France, 4 ITAs for Greece, 9 ITAs for Hong Kong, 131 ITAs for Ireland, 7 ITAs for Italy, 14 ITAs for Japan, 55 ITAs for South Korea, 17 ITAs for the Netherlands, 6 ITAs for New Zealand, 1 ITA for Norway, 7 ITAs for Portugal, 28 ITAs for Slovakia, 30 ITAs for Spain, 2 ITAs for Sweden, 7 ITAs for Switzerland, 17 ITAs for Taiwan, and 106 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In total, Canada issued 6,950 ITAs under the IEC in 2021.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights