Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From August 30 to September 5, Canada invited 927 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of September 3, there are 22,741 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 67 ITAs for Australia, 7 ITAs for Belgium, 2 ITAs for Chile, 2 ITAs for Croatia, 11 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 12 ITAs for Denmark, 1 ITA for Estonia, 234 ITAs for France, 64 ITAs for Germany, 2 ITAs for Greece, 16 ITAs for Hong Kong, 93 ITAs for Ireland, 5 ITAs for Italy, 38 ITAs for Japan, 77 ITAs for South Korea, 8 ITAs for Latvia, 17 ITAs for Lithuania, 10 ITAs for the Netherlands, 7 ITAs for New Zealand, 68 ITAs for Poland, 4 ITAs for Portugal, 8 ITAs for Slovakia, 23 ITAs for Spain, 5 ITAs for Sweden, 4 ITAs for Switzerland, 25 ITAs for Taiwan, and 117 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In total, Canada issued 18,358 ITAs under the IEC in 2021.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province