On July 23, 2021, Marco Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC), Marc Garneau, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Harjit Sajjan, Minister of National Defence, announced a special program to resettle more Afghan refugees in Canada. Afghans, who put themselves at great risk to help Canada, especially interpreters, cooks, drivers, cleaners, construction workers, security guards, etc. who worked with the Canadian Armed Forces, as well as locally engaged staff employed at the Embassy of Canada to Afghanistan and their family members will be resettled in Canada.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory