On September 9, 2021, the Government of Canada updated instructions to align with Phase 3 of the Border Reopening plan that came into force on September 7, 2021. New measures include keeping the existing travel restrictions for entry and allowing discretionary travel from foreign nationals who meet the fully vaccinated exemption. These instructions will help process temporary resident visas for immediate family members of temporary residents and for extended family members of Canadian citizens, persons registered as Indians under the Indian Act, and permanent residents. For these travellers, the 3-night hotel stopover requirement has been removed and the reference to quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated foreign nationals has been adjusted.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province