On August 3, 2022, the Government of Canada announced a new pathway for permanent residence for family members of the victims of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 (ET302) and Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 (PS752) who are outside of Canada and want to come to Canada to support their families who lost their spouse, common-law partner or parent. To ensure that extended family members are connected to the surviving family member, the person who is residing in Canada must submit a statutory declaration identifying the extended family member. The public policy will be in effect until August 2, 2023.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs