On September 2, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced new guidance for the participants of the International Experience Canada (IEC) Working Holiday program who cannot travel due to an expired letter of introduction (LOI). Due to the pandemic, the Government made an exception and extend the period of the LOI for IEC applicants whose initial letters were issued between January 1, 2019, and April 30, 2020. From July 30, 2021, to December 31, 2021, eligible IEC participants are able to request one final 12-month extension.
- IRCC introduced new instructions for foreign workers with expiring PGWPs
- Canada’s tourism industry has bounced back to pre-pandemic levels
- British Columbia’s immigrant businessmen invested more than $21 million in the last year
- Nova Scotia relies on immigration to solve the healthcare labour shortage
- Canadian oil and gas companies increase monthly wages to attract more workers
- Canada welcomes record numbers of immigrants from Hong Kong