On June 29, 2021, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) returned to the 60-day timeframe for a complete electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR). Applicants who received an invitation to apply (ITA) on or after June 29, 2021, must submit their application for permanent residence within 60 calendar days. ITA period for permanent residence was increased from 60 to 90 days at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, to provide applicants more time to prepare their applications, in response to the challenges they faced in acquiring the necessary documentation.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122