This year, more people are immigrating to Canada through spousal sponsorships, with a projected 8.2% increase. According to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) reports, in the first half of 2022, 34,870 new permanent residents arrived through spousal sponsorship programs. If this trend continues, it is possible that 69,740 new permanent residents may come to Canada by the end of 2022. This is 5,305 more new permanent residents than the number of immigrants who came to Canada under these programs in 2021.
- IRCC runs #ImmigrationMatters campaign
- BC invited up to 300 Skilled Immigration candidates
- Manitoba invited more Ukrainian candidates
- Canada held the largest all-program Express Entry draw of 2022
- Canada to introduce a new TR2PR program
- New Brunswick will prioritize immigration applications with 12 NOC codes