Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is still accepting applications through five temporary resident to permanent resident pathways. As of June 10, 5:30 PM EST the number of applications for other streams is 1,811 applications out of 20,000 slots for healthcare workers and 13,171 applications out of 30,000 slots for essential non-healthcare workers. As for the French streams, IRCC accepted 46 healthcare workers applications, 431 other essential workers applications, and 306 international graduate applications. The International Graduate stream for English speakers reached its cap of 40,000 applications just in one day. All six streams were launched on May 6, at 12:00 PM EST.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122