On December 20, 2021, Statistics Canada published a new report regarding the job vacancies and labour shortage in the third quarter of the year. According to the report, the number of job vacancies in the country reached an all-time high of 912,600 – more than 349,700 (+62.1%) higher than the pre-pandemic levels in 2019. In addition, the job vacancy rate was also a record high – 5.4%. the increase in the number of job vacancies can signal a number of changes in labour market conditions especially in sectors such as health care, construction, accommodation and food, retail trade, and manufacturing since they were driving the growth in job vacancies.
- Ottawa released Economic and Fiscal Update 2021
- Canada still has a labour shortage despite the COVID-19 recovery
- British Columbia invited 243 candidates under the new draw of the BCPNP
- IRCC held a new PNP-targeted Express Entry draw #212
- Will Ontario be able to meet the ambitious goal to accept 100 immigrant entrepreneurs?
- IRCC released an update for Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot