For the first time in history, Canada surpassed the US and became the country of choice for Chinese people to immigrate overseas. According to Baidu’s “2021 China Immigration Industry Data Report”, among the destinations for immigrants in the world, the US has always been the most popular destination for immigration. Since the US is tightening its immigration policies, Canada has proposed a three-year plan to recruit over 400,000 immigrants annually that made more people, as well as Chinese turn to Canada.
- More than 3,000 Afghans arrived in Canada
- Ottawa introduced facilitative measures for Afghanistan
- Canada issued 927 invitations under the International Experience Canada
- Canada reopened borders for fully vaccinated international travellers
- New Brunswick will hold a virtual recruitment mission for those in the hospitality sector
- Immigrants in Canada held a protest in Toronto