On April 15, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the plan to accelerate caregiver application processing. According to the news release, Minister Marco Mendicino set a goal to complete 6,000 applications in the Home Child Care Provider (HCP) and Home Support Worker (HSW) pilots by the end of 2021. 1,500 of them must pass at least the first-stage approvals. In turn, it will allow more caregiver work permits to be issued for candidates who obtained valid job offers. IRCC also wants to increase the digitization of caregiver applications and ensure the receiving of the acknowledgements of receipt by May 31, 2021. As of March 3, 2021, there were about 12,000 caregiver applications on both pilots in the processing inventory. As of April 8, 2021, IRCC received 2,367 applications in the HCP and 516 HSW applications that can be accepted in 2021. 2,900 caregivers and their family members receive a PR status in 2020.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech