On April 15, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the plan to accelerate caregiver application processing. According to the news release, Minister Marco Mendicino set a goal to complete 6,000 applications in the Home Child Care Provider (HCP) and Home Support Worker (HSW) pilots by the end of 2021. 1,500 of them must pass at least the first-stage approvals. In turn, it will allow more caregiver work permits to be issued for candidates who obtained valid job offers. IRCC also wants to increase the digitization of caregiver applications and ensure the receiving of the acknowledgements of receipt by May 31, 2021. As of March 3, 2021, there were about 12,000 caregiver applications on both pilots in the processing inventory. As of April 8, 2021, IRCC received 2,367 applications in the HCP and 516 HSW applications that can be accepted in 2021. 2,900 caregivers and their family members receive a PR status in 2020.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights