On December 10, 2021, the Government of Canada updated border measures and requirements in response to the COVID-19 Omicron variant. As of now, all fully vaccinated individuals who have been in any country other than Canada and the United States in the 14 days before their entry to Canada may be selected for testing upon arrival. Those who have positive test results will have to quarantine in a suitable place until they receive a negative test result. They will be allowed to take public transportation to their place of quarantine. The Government will also increase the number of travellers selected for testing to 100% in the coming weeks.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members