On January 12, 2022, the Government of Canada updated the terms for the open work permits under the International Mobility Program (IMP). On the Government website, the title has changed from “Open work permit” to “Open work permit – General processing and issuance” to illustrate the instructions more clearly. In addition, IRCC added new instructions, clarifying that “the open work permit holder fee cannot be charged for open work permits issued under section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).” The new format also makes it easier to find needed information on the website.
- IRCC introduced new instructions for foreign workers with expiring PGWPs
- Canada’s tourism industry has bounced back to pre-pandemic levels
- British Columbia’s immigrant businessmen invested more than $21 million in the last year
- Nova Scotia relies on immigration to solve the healthcare labour shortage
- Canadian oil and gas companies increase monthly wages to attract more workers
- Canada welcomes record numbers of immigrants from Hong Kong