On June 25, 2021, the Government of Canada updated general guidelines in the International Mobility Program and provided new instructions for Caribbean Agricultural Liaison Officers. Now, Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exemption code C10 provides specific information on the requirement to be an economic, social, or cultural benefit to Canada. The Government also removed the section on Jamaican liaison officers from the Canada–International Non-Trade Agreements (LMIA exemption code T11) instructions that now include other Caribbean countries under the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122