On April 29, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced updates in the Biometrics and Identity Management Operations Unit. The Unit updated the pages for biometrics and identity management and also provided guidance in the program delivery instructions related to naming procedures. Canada’s immigration biometric collection program consists of biographic data, a digital photo, and all fingerprints. The biometric collection helps IRCC to strengthen identity management, enhance security, improve program integrity, and facilitate the processing of legitimate applicants. Identity management is key to the integrity of program and service delivery at IRCC. The department plays a lead role in establishing and managing the identity information of foreign-born residents and Canadians. Identity management spans a continuum of programs and services including temporary residents, permanent residents, refugees, citizenship, and passport.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy