On April 29, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced updates in the Biometrics and Identity Management Operations Unit. The Unit updated the pages for biometrics and identity management and also provided guidance in the program delivery instructions related to naming procedures. Canada’s immigration biometric collection program consists of biographic data, a digital photo, and all fingerprints. The biometric collection helps IRCC to strengthen identity management, enhance security, improve program integrity, and facilitate the processing of legitimate applicants. Identity management is key to the integrity of program and service delivery at IRCC. The department plays a lead role in establishing and managing the identity information of foreign-born residents and Canadians. Identity management spans a continuum of programs and services including temporary residents, permanent residents, refugees, citizenship, and passport.
- Statistics Canada: The national economy is growing
- Canada updated qualifying work experience section for Canadian Experience Class
- Alberta published a new AINP nomination statistics
- Canada keeps restricting travel measures
- Chinese woman’s father with hepatitis was refused immigration through family reunification
- At least five Indian students die every month in Canada