Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) data revealed that 11,425 temporary residents in Canada acquired their permanent residency under the temporary resident to permanent resident (TR2PR) pathway by the end of October 2021, excluding many more who are still waiting for their applications to be processed. Pathway, launched on May 2, 2021, had received 84,177 applications under six streams, both for francophones and anglophones. Ontario and British Columbia accepted the most newcomers under this one-time pathway to permanent residency.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members