On August 4, 2021, the Government of Canada welcomed the first group of Afghan refugees in the country. Since these refugees came to Canada as government-assisted refugees, service provider organizations in communities across Canada will assist and help them to find permanent housing, language training, a job and provide information about life in Canada. According to Minister Mendicino, Canada is ‘committed to do right by the Afghans who supported Canada’s mission in Afghanistan.’ In the upcoming days, more flights with Afghan refugees will be arriving in the country.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members