Canada will begin to accept fully vaccinated travellers who are exempt from travel restrictions starting from July 5, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Exempted travellers, most of whom are approved permanent residents will not be subjected to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8 as well as to stay at a government-approved hotel. However, all travellers still have to meet pre-arrival and on-arrival resting requirements to be exempt from travel restrictions and cross the border. All COVID-19-related information and testing results will have to be submitted electronically on the ArriveCAN app.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122