On May 13, 2021, the Government of Canada has published a public policy that helps to facilitate the granting of permanent residence (PR) to some of the members of Canadian victims of Ukrainian and Ethiopian air disasters, as a result of which, many Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada died. Eligible applicants have to submit their application for PR until May 11, 2022. PR will be granted to the victim’s family members who are currently in Canada. Those who are outside Canada and an announcement will be made once those measures are in place.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights