On May 13, 2021, the Government of Canada has published a public policy that helps to facilitate the granting of permanent residence (PR) to some of the members of Canadian victims of Ukrainian and Ethiopian air disasters, as a result of which, many Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada died. Eligible applicants have to submit their application for PR until May 11, 2022. PR will be granted to the victim’s family members who are currently in Canada. Those who are outside Canada and an announcement will be made once those measures are in place.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs