On August 10, 2021, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Marco Mendicino announced that the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants – the official regulator of immigration and citizenship consultants across the country, will officially be opened on November 23, 2021. The entity will protect the public and consultants in good standing from those who take advantage of vulnerable people as well as regulate immigration and citizenship consultants under a statutory framework. The Government invested $50 million to fight fraud and new educational tools to help applicants identify fraudulent activity which is the main reason for the creation of the College.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory