On June 18, 2021, the Government of Canada announced 3 new initiatives to offer asylum to more people, welcome more refugees through new channels, and support them through community sponsorship. Refugee claimants can apply for asylum through Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot, Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program, and Protected persons Canada pathways. In 2021, almost 17,900 protected persons received permanent residency in Canada. This year, the Government increased the quota for protected persons from 23,500 to 45,000, which allows the country to welcome more asylum seekers.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory