Canadian cities are more affordable than many other metropolises of the world, according to an annual survey conducted by an American asset management firm. The most expensive Canadian city – Vancouver, is ranked 93rd in the Mercer 2021 Cost of Living City Ranking report, making Canada one of the most prosperous and affordable countries. Other Canadian cities listed in the ranking are Toronto ranked 98th, Montreal 129th, Calgary 145th, and Ottawa 156th. During the COVID-19 pandemic, companies throughout the world were looking for opportunities to replace traditional long-term assignments with alternative, less costly forms of mobility. Canada’s Start-Up Visa program with more reasonable requirements attracts more and more foreign entrepreneurs every year.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122