Canadian cities are more affordable than many other metropolises of the world, according to an annual survey conducted by an American asset management firm. The most expensive Canadian city – Vancouver, is ranked 93rd in the Mercer 2021 Cost of Living City Ranking report, making Canada one of the most prosperous and affordable countries. Other Canadian cities listed in the ranking are Toronto ranked 98th, Montreal 129th, Calgary 145th, and Ottawa 156th. During the COVID-19 pandemic, companies throughout the world were looking for opportunities to replace traditional long-term assignments with alternative, less costly forms of mobility. Canada’s Start-Up Visa program with more reasonable requirements attracts more and more foreign entrepreneurs every year.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory