Due to the backlog of immigration applications at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), employers are not able to hire skilled workers quickly enough in Canada. In its Survey Report: Impact of Processing Delays of Work Permits and Business Visas on Canadian Employers, the Canadian Employee Relocation Council (CERC) calls on the Federal Government to fasten the application processing times for business applications. According to the CERC, Canada’s outdated processing system needs to be modernized through the hiring of more staff, training, and the implementation of new technology platforms.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs