The Senate of Canada adopted Bill C-8, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act that was sponsored by Marco Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. Now, newcomers to Canada learn more about Indigenous history and rights, since legislation to change Canada’s Oath of Citizenship to include a promise to respect the Aboriginal and treaty rights of First Nations, Inuit, and Metis has been adopted in the Senate. The amendment was in response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s call to action number 94.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory