Since March 2020, Canada has put restrictions on non-essential travel, which the Government has been extending every month. On April 20, 2021, Canada’s Public Safety minister Bill Blair announced that the Government ‘will continue to do what it takes for as long as it takes to keep Canadians safe.’ Canada will keep its borders closed for non-essential travel for all countries, including the United States. The restrictions on international travel into Canada have been extended until May 21, 2021. Canada experiences a delay with vaccine supply which in turn has an impact on the travel restrictions. Earlier, Ottawa announced it plans to complete the vaccination by September 2021.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech