Canadians are largely positive and supportive of the Government’s policies on immigrants and refugees. They believe immigrants are making a positive contribution to the country and help build the country’s population. According to the survey conducted by the Environics Institute between September 7 and 23, 2021, the overwhelming majority of the population supports current levels of immigration, views immigrants as good for the Canadian economy. This opinion was stable over the past 12 months. There is also clear public support for the Government’s decision to accept 20,000 Afghan refugees fleeing the Taliban.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province