Organizations (legal persons) and groups of 2 to 5 natural persons of Quebec can begin submitting applications for refugees to the Ministere de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Integration (MIFI) starting from January 18 to February 16, 2022. The province is planning to accept a maximum number of 825 applications from all sponsors. As in spring 2021, if the number of submitted applications exceeds the maximum number of applications to receive, the province will hold a random draw under the supervision of an external auditor as well as in the presence of witnesses.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs