On January 10, 2022, the Government of Canada announced that the Government of Quebec implemented key measures to address labour shortages in the province. According to the new measures, Quebec’s employers in specific sectors can hire overseas candidates with high-demand occupations under the province’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). In addition, the Government also increased the share of TFWs allowed in low-wage positions. As of today, employers are allowed to hire up to 20% more temporary foreign workers per workplace.
- IRCC introduced new instructions for foreign workers with expiring PGWPs
- Canada’s tourism industry has bounced back to pre-pandemic levels
- British Columbia’s immigrant businessmen invested more than $21 million in the last year
- Nova Scotia relies on immigration to solve the healthcare labour shortage
- Canadian oil and gas companies increase monthly wages to attract more workers
- Canada welcomes record numbers of immigrants from Hong Kong