The Government of Quebec made it easy for employers to hire overseas candidates with high-demand occupations under the province’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). The province simplified work permit processing exempted employers from posting and recruitment efforts, as well as increased the share of temporary foreign workers per workplace by 10% to 20%. This policy will allow the province to address severe labour shortages in Quebec’s major in-demand occupations, especially in the sectors such as retail trade, accommodation, catering, and food processing.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province