Taking long flights and having long layovers at airports has become a big part of life for international students in Canada. Many take trips to return home at least twice a year. With the pandemic, many stayed in Canada longer than usual without seeing their families, so as soon as they had the opportunity, they flew straight home. New travel restrictions have made it difficult to travel back to Canada for many, who then stayed in their home countries longer than planned. Some have been able to return, while others are still abroad but thinking of returning. Those who have to return to study soon can find here a small guide of what to expect on their trip back to Canada. International students need to familiarize themselves with all the current government regulations. They need to have a quarantine plan and share it with their university. They should put all the required documentation in a PDF, including the registration at the university or college, hotel reservation for the first three days of the quarantine if they are not vaccinated, negative COVID test, ArriveCAN code and registration for a COVID test on arrival.
- Everything international students need to know to prepare for their return trip to Canada
- Quebec conducted the second Arrima draw in a week
- Canada introduced special measures for Afghanistan
- Ontario invited 326 candidates under the Masters Graduate stream
- Canadian universities are again among the best
- Immigration modernization was discussed in a roundtable by the Public Policy Forum