Traditionally, during election campaigns, immigration, particularly the amount of immigration is discussed by the parties. However, in the 2021 election campaign, immigration is not an issue to discuss. Looking at the three major parties, the Conservative Party has announced a few ideas they want to develop in the Canadian immigration system. However, the Liberals and NDP haven’t said anything on this issue. The Liberal Government increased immigration targets to over 400,000 for the next three years, and it seems the party that wins the election will follow this policy.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory