Beginning July 5, 2021, fully vaccinated international students who meet all requirements will be exempted from mandatory quarantine and can go straight to their homes without staying in a government-approved quarantine hotel. They also do not have to take a COVID test eight days after arrival. However, students still need to have a quarantine plan in case border officials determine they haven’t met all requirements for exemption. International students must have received two doses of one of the approved vaccines such as Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca (COVISHIELD), and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). Only students who received a one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, can enter Canada without the second dose.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122