The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) is targeting fake immigration consultants located in Canada and across the globe. Thousands of Indians migrate to Canada every year. Potential immigrants fall prey to immigration fraud. As large numbers of Indians wish to migrate to Canada, the number of incidents of them falling prey to immigration scams or being duped by fake immigration agents is very high. ICCRC oversees immigration consultants and international student advisors. Those who offer immigration services abroad still remain subject to Canadian law even if they reside outside of Canada. About 44 immigration consultants based in India have recently been listed by the ICCRC as fake immigration consultants who are not registered and authorized to provide citizenship and immigration services in Canada. Meanwhile, disciplinary action was taken against a few ICCRC members who engaged in fraudulent activities.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members