On May 11, 2022, Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), discussed Canada’s plans to welcome visitors fleeing the war in Ukraine as well as in Afghanistan with Filippo Grandi, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. The Minister also announced the exemption of biometrics requirements for Ukrainian candidates up to the age of 18, those over the age of 60, and individuals who have a travel history to Canada, while also prioritizing the safety and security of Canadians.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs