On the second anniversary of the Flight 752 tragedy, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser promised that the Government would get justice for the families of the victims. In January 2020, Ukraine International Airlines flight 752 was shot down over Iran, where 55 Canadians and 30 Canadian permanent residents died. “As we commemorate this sombre anniversary, we recommit ourselves to honour the lives lost to this tragedy and other air disasters, pursue justice for the victims, and support their families,” stated the minister in his tweet.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs