On July 28, 2022, the Forum of Ministers Responsible for Immigration (FMRI) discussed ways to utilize the immigration system more effectively to satisfy economic and regional demands. Ministers discussed strategies for maximizing the efficiency of the immigration system. The FMRI also emphasized the importance of reducing immigration processing times and agreed that future short-term measures should be in line with longer-term objectives. Additionally, the Ministers considered methods to meet regional demands and boost immigration to Canada’s smaller and rural or remote regions by mapping economic and settlement resources across the country.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs