Statistics Canada revealed that more and more foreign students come to the country from the same countries. In addition, these students mostly concentrate on particular school programs and provinces that can cause trouble for Canada’s international education sector. According to immigration and post-secondary student information data between 2000 and 2019, over nearly two decades, the number of first-time study permit holders almost quadrupled to 250,020. The share of international students from the top 10 countries has increased from 67.9 to 74.9 percent. The number of foreign students from India skyrocketed to 34.4% from just 2.7% 20 years ago which really make the authorities think about the proportional changes.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory