In May, within the first day of launching the temporary residence to permanent residence (TR to PR) program, Canada reached its intake cap of 40,000 international student graduates. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) got significantly more applications than intended for International Graduates Stream. Due to a technical error, IRCC received 7,307 additional applications. Following the technical error in the system, Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino approved a temporary public policy on June 28, allowing for the 7,307 applications to be processed.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members