On September 1, 2022, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced an online survey that the Government conducts on newcomer experiences using online settlement services. The survey is voluntary and confidential and aims to help IRCC understand the efficiency of settlement services and the need for improvement programs and services. The survey started on August 23, 2022, and will end on September 13, 2022. All newcomers who used settlement services and are 18 years and older are encouraged to complete the survey which is available in English, French, Chinese, Arabic, Tigrinya, and Farsi.
- BC invited up to 374 skilled regional candidates
- Ontario invited more than 1,500 skilled trades candidates
- Canada received a record number of applications under the Parents and Grandparents Program
- IRCC accepted 120 new Afghan refugees through the special immigration program
- Canada approved nearly 230,000 applications under the CUAET
- Ontario proposed regulatory amendments for the OINP