Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reported a dramatic increase in demand for study permits from foreign students. The sudden surge in applications for study permits was a topic of conversation at a recent virtual symposium organized by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CIBE). IRCC officials were on hand to discuss the number of applications they have received as students return to classrooms in Canada after completing online programs abroad. As of July 17, almost 200,000 people were waiting for their study permit application to be completed.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs