Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published new instructions for foreign workers whose post-graduation work permits (PGWP) expire soon. Those whose PGWP expires between September 20, 2021, and October 1, 2022, must apply for the new work permit following IRCC’s instructions. Applicants whose PGWP expires between October to December 2022 will have to undergo different procedures, depending on their situation. Those whose addresses and passports are up-to-date and valid until April 2024 will receive their updated work permits by mid-October 2022. Applicants whose addresses and passports are not valid until that time will obtain their work permits until mid-November, following several instructions introduced by IRCC. Applicants who cannot update their addresses or passports will have to apply online to extend their current PDWPs.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs