On July 14, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced a report entitled Settlement Outcomes Highlights Report. It is a high-level analysis and summary of the immigrant experience in Canada that examines the successes and challenges of newcomers from 2015 to 2019. According to the report, new Canadians are very pleased with the settlement services offered to them and see these services as crucial in setting newcomers up for success in Canada. These services not only settle them but also help them improve their English or French, assist in finding work and connect with their communities. IRCC’s Settlement Program is delivered by 572 local service provider organizations across Canada (outside of Quebec). The Program assisted more than 1 million newcomers from April 1, 2015, to March 31, 2019.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122