On February 25, 2022, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited applicants to participate in the client experience surveys. To improve IRCC’s client services, new Canadian citizens who were issued passports in 2021 will be invited to take part in a client experience survey. In addition, the Government of Canada is going to collect feedback from randomly selected clients who have received a decision on their application in 2021. Participation in the survey is voluntary and will be kept confidential.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs