Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of International Experience Canada (IEC). From October 18 to October 22, Canada invited 2,016 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of October 22, there are 33,094 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 1 ITA for Andorra, 83 ITAs for Australia, 5 ITAs for Austria, 30 ITAs for Belgium, 2 ITAs for Costa Rica, 4 ITAs for Croatia, 39 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 7 ITAs for Denmark, 3 ITAs for Estonia, 696 ITAs for France, 99 ITAs for Germany, 8 ITAs for Greece, 12 ITAs for Hong Kong, 185 ITAs for Ireland, 42 ITAs for Italy, 75 ITAs for Japan, 190 ITAs for South Korea, 3 ITAs for Latvia, 11 ITAs for Lithuania, 1 ITA for Luxembourg, 18 ITAs for the Netherlands, 24 ITAs for New Zealand, 3 ITAs for Norway, 23 ITAs for Poland, 21 ITAs for Portugal, 1 ITA for San Marino, 17 ITAs for Slovakia, 2 ITAs for Slovenia, 57 ITAs for Spain, 4 ITAs for Sweden, 7 ITAs for Switzerland, 83 ITAs for Taiwan, and 260 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In total, Canada issued 26,618 ITAs under the IEC in 2021.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province