Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of International Experience Canada (IEC). From January 14 to January 21, Canada invited 7,610 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of January 21, there are 39,952 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 3 ITAs for Andorra, 625 ITAs for Australia, 109 ITAs for Belgium, 22 ITAs for Costa Rica, 21 ITAs for Croatia, 107 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 50 ITAs for Denmark, 14 ITAs for Estonia, 1,257 ITAs for France, 30 ITAs for Greece, 27 ITAs for Hong Kong, 1,146 ITAs for Ireland, 96 ITAs for Italy, 645 ITAs for Japan, 253 ITAs for South Korea, 4 ITAs for Latvia, 21 ITAs for Lithuania, 10 ITA for Luxembourg, 318 ITAs for the Netherlands, 482 ITAs for New Zealand, 318 ITAs for Norway, 78 ITAs for Poland, 180 ITAs for Portugal, 124 ITAs for Spain, 66 ITAs for Sweden, 21 ITAs for Switzerland, 534 ITAs for Taiwan, and 1,039 ITAs for the United Kingdom. Last year, Canada issued 30,372 ITAs under the IEC Program.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs