On August 11, 2021, as part of a citizenship modernization initiative, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) launched a new website tool that will allow all applicants age 18 and over to submit their citizenship applications online. This will make the application process more efficient as the new online tool is user-friendly. Using this platform, applicants can save partially completed applications and resume them at a later time, upload required documents, etc. Later in 2021, the website will accept the online applications of families and minors under 18 years of age. In 2022, the portal will be opened to representatives to apply on behalf of their clients as well as applicants who are declaring residence outside Canada as a Crown servant.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory